If you only read five … try these first.
If you’re new to Shoulblog and want to see what it’s all about, this will give you a good start. These are some of my favorite posts so far. Not necessarily the most-read, and maybe not even the best, but, for various reasons, I am happiest with these. After you get through these five, then you can spread out and sample everything else. Try using the Archives link on the right side of this page for a month-by-month listing, or you can search by keyword or in tags or categories. So here goes, my fave five:
• “You Are Welcome Here” — Of all of the posts I’ve written here, this is probably the one I spent the most time on, and it’s probably the most deeply felt. It begins with a death and ends with … spoiler alert! … joy, but the journey is the most important thing.
• (Avoiding) The Road To Provincetown — 23 years after my brother’s death, I return to his home.
• One Vote — A long time ago, an election in my town was decided by that margin. And my name was on the ballot.
• Marathon Dreams (Continued) — Or in this case, a half-marathon.
• A Christmas Card — How we met.